Meal Plan Week of 1/12: The Best Winter Soup Ever. Plus Kid Favorites.

6:31 PM



Amazing. Made it through the first full week of the new year without breaking any resolutions! One reason I'm able to stick to my resolution of eating healthy and trying at least one new recipe a week is menu planning. I write about menu planning here, and still use this handy Meal Plan and Shopping List from Real Simple. It doesn't get more straightforward than this (which is why I love it so).

I'm going to keep this going with another week of healthy & tasty recipes here:

Monday: Lentil Soup with Sausage, Chard & Garlic - This dish from Smitten Kitchen is one of the few things I look forward to during the winter. It is that good. I'll swap chard for kale to use up the leftover kale we have in the fridge. 
Tuesday: Sesame Ginger Chicken Meatballs - This is a new recipe from Food and Wine I'm going to test this week. On paper it looks like a winner - quick, weeknight dish. Asian flavors I know my kids will love. I'll serve this will Boston Bibb lettuce for lettuce wraps.  
Wednesday: Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken - My youngest refuses to eat chicken unless its breaded and in the form of fried chicken tenders. I'm going to try serving it this way from Dinner: A Love Story - but a little healthier and perfect for leftovers for lunch the next day. I'll serve this with some string beans (if the little one refuses to eat the chicken, he can fill up on something healthy). 
Thursday: Pasta Carbonara with Country Ham - My kids have been begging me to make this dish again. Thursdays are busy with back-to-back after school activities, so this is perfect since it comes together quickly.  
Friday: Beef, Shiitake and Broccoli Stir-Fry - The boys are also bugging me to make Beef and Broccoli, so I decided to shake it up a wee bit and try Ming Tsai's recipe. From Simply Ming One-Pot Meals, I'm sure this will be a hit just as everything else I've made from this cookbook.

Have a great week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments